Organisation for European Quality Wood
towards a sustainable environment
Stichting Robinia is a knowledge and information centre that works towards a better understanding and optimal utilisation of European quality wood species. It encourages the use of European quality wood in a positive manner to leave the environment intact.
- Improve the exchange and knowledge between and beyond the different sectors in the 'forest-to-wood' chain.
- Encourage the establishment and management of tree species which are known to produce quality wood.
- Optimise the link between demand and supply of wood as well as to optimise the utilisation of wood.
- Encourage the use of European quality wood as durable products.
- Supply information about the possibilities of applications of wood.
- Gathering and exchanging information
- Developing new and improved afforestation and management techniques such as monitoring and field trials
- Encouraging 'forest-to-wood chain' intersector dialogue in the form of discussion groups, workshops, symposia and fairs
- Providing assistance and co-operation in international projects
Some examples of projects in which Stichting Robinia plays an active role.
- Dannenberg Afforestation project (Germany)
- Cépé Afforestation project (Hungary)
- Flevohout, demonstration forest for the 'forest-to-wood' chain (The Netherlands)
- Forest Partnership Concept
- Regional Wood Cycle Plan
P.O. Box 494
6700 AL Wageningen
Tel: +31 317 427570
Fax: +31 847 594493
If you like to support us, donations are welcome.
Bank accounts in The Netherlands:
784715726 Triodos bank Zeist